Build to serve
BUILD TO SERVE
Our Current Situation:
Because we have been blessed with increased opportunities for ministries and growing attendance in those ministries, we have been prompted to explore the possibility of expanding our facility at different times over the years. Of note in 2013, after the church fire, we looked into options for expansion during the re-building process. However, due to limited property space, parking, and the expense of adding a fire suppression system; we were unable to do so. However, the fire did leave us with an updated building, and a significant sum in our building fund to be used in the future.
In January of 2016, the Pastoral Staff and Board of Directors held a strategic planning meeting, during which the obvious need of expansion was discussed at length. To accommodate the continued and foreseeable growth of the ministries, a short-term solution for overcrowding in the sanctuary was offered. This was our return to two Sunday morning services. However, we understood that this did not address the other significant areas of overcrowding:
- Limited Parking Spaces
- Limited Family Ministries Building Seating
- No Dedicated Youth Ministries Space
- Limited Children’s Ministry Space
- No Outdoor Playground for Children and Youth
- Limited Storage Space for various Supplies and Ministry Items
- Limited Platform/Stage Functionality/Space
- Lack of a dedicated Admin space
- Lack of space for various additional continuously active ministries (AHG/TL; Kingdom Kids/Life4rce; Community Assistance Events (GRIT Training).
What We’re Doing:
By May of 2016, an Expansion Committee had been formed to research possible properties that Community Bible Church could consider for a future building site. Having prayerfully considered all the details, the Expansion Committee unanimously voted to recommend to the Board of Directors that CBC make an offer on a piece of property located at the corner of 12th St. Extension and Hwy 16. On July 23rd, the CBC congregation met and voted to purchase the property and begin plans for building a new church.
Development of this project has taken a lengthy amount of time due to negotiations with City Hall, planning and development by the Little Corporation, the serious illness of our previous Building Designer, and delays brought about by Covid-19.
Why We’re Doing This Now:
- We have observed on multiple occasions an increase in attendance and ministry opportunities, followed by a decrease in attendance and ministry opportunities once facility capacity is approached. We would like to continue growing, not stymie growth. But we cannot wait until the problem is occurring to address it, we must prepare in advance for coming growth.
- By all observable evidence, our valley population will continue to grow for the foreseeable future. We expect this to result in continued growth in our church.
- We are debt free. By the blessing of God, and through good stewardship, CBC has no outstanding liabilities at this time.
- The land purchase opportunity is especially appealing because of the price point in this current market.
- The cost of building is likely to only increase for the foreseeable future. It will not become more cost-effective to wait. Let alone the missed opportunities to grow with our community in the meantime.
How You Can Help:
To purchase property and begin a building project is a large undertaking for a church. While it is exciting and a blessing to expand ministry, it is also a commitment. This will take “all hands on deck” to make it happen.
- Pray. Please join with your fellow CBC Christians and leaders in prayer for this moment in our history. Pray that God will give us all a unified desire to accomplish the advancement of His Kingdom in this project.
- Participate. Please join us on the journey of not only building, but growing spiritually, growing in our faith, and growing in our passion for God’s work.
- Plan. Please begin to prayerfully plan how you can support this financially. Ultimately, it will take all of us pulling together financially to realize the fulfillment of this goal. How much are you willing to invest in the future of your church, and in the Kingdom of God?
It is wonderful to be at this stage of ministry at CBC, but we must always keep the important things in focus. As God enlarges our borders, let us understand it is for His glory and for the accomplishment of His will in His Kingdom. Significant ministry always takes place in the presence of faith and commitment.
Colossians 3:17 Whatever you do in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father.